Ipswich Bach Choir and Ipswich Chamber Orchestra to host evening of Mozart masterpieces
The Ipswich Bach Choir and Ipswich Chamber Orchestra are joining forces for a concert of Mozart’s masterpieces in November.
The event gets underway at 7.30pm on Saturday, November 25, at St John’s Church, in Cauldwell Hall Road in Ipswich.
Conductor Patrick McCarthy said: “The choir will perform two of his most popular choral works - his celebrated Vespers includes the beautiful soprano solo Laudate Dominum and his festive ‘Coronation’ Mass features the equally lovely Agnus Dei.
“A real highlight will be principal flute Mary Blanchard’s performance of Mozart’s delightful Flute Concerto in D.
Choir secretary Edyth Bands added: “Another treat will be our brilliant soprano soloist, Gill Wilson, raising the roof with the Queen of the Night’s aria from The Magic Flute.”
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are £13 (or £5 for students) and are available on the door or in advance from Music World in Ipswich and The Card Centre in Felixstowe.
For more information call 01394 271538 or see here.
- 1 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 2 Border Force 'urgently responding' to incident off the Harwich coast
- 3 Christmas light DJ to open new Ipswich bar
- 4 'Small number' of street workers in Ipswich, 15 years after Steve Wright murders
- 5 New movie to be shot in Suffolk in 2022, author announces
- 6 What are the Covid rates in Suffolk — and could Christmas be affected?
- 7 Cardinal Practice 'access issues' to be discussed at key NHS meeting
- 8 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast
- 9 'Horror movie script' - Waterfront lounge bar plans rejected again
- 10 Two people rescued after search off Harwich coast