IPSWICH band prepares for tour
IPSWICH-based band Rosalita is going on its third UK-wide tour, it has been announced today.The up and coming indie pop group, which opened the 2007 V-Festival, are taking to the road throughout February and March.
IPSWICH-based band Rosalita is going on its third UK-wide tour, it has been announced today.
The up and coming indie pop group, which opened the 2007 V-Festival, are taking to the road throughout February and March.
Ben Groom, Rosalita keyboards player, said the five strong band is excited about being back on the road.
The 26-year-old added: “We are delighted to be on tour again taking our music to different parts of the UK.
You may also want to watch:
“2008 was a fantastic year for us and this is a great start to 2009.”
The tour opens with a date in Inverness and continues over a two week period at venues including Glasgow, Newcastle, Birmingham, Bath, Oxford, London, Manchester and Brighton.
- 1 Woman seriously injured in accident on major Ipswich road
- 2 Tim Hortons restaurant in Ipswich given green light
- 3 Lorry 'not seen' by crane operator in container crush, port say
- 4 Curve Bar nights out and special events - are you in these photos?
- 5 Construction work begins on TV set ahead of Amazon series filming
- 6 Police concerned for missing man from Kesgrave
- 7 Kesgrave shooting trial enters final stages
- 8 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 9 'Hammer seen' in robbery by group of males at Felixstowe Skatepark
- 10 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Portsmouth 'fend off' Blues to agree Stockley deal
Ben added: “This is our third tour and we can't wait. We love what we do and we are writing and rehearsing hard and our set is almost ready.
“It is going to be a fantastic experience.”
Described as one of the leading edge bands in Suffolk, Rosalita were formed in 2005 and have been making a name for themselves ever since.
Regulars on the Ipswich music scene, the group has developed a large following with their unique musical style.
Their singles include Manga Girl, What Would Your Mother Say and Smash It Up.
For more information about the band, to listen to their music and to buy tickets for their tour visit the website www.myspace.com/rosalitaband
Are you a fan of Rosalita? Who is your favourite Ipswich band?
Kris Andrew - Vocals
Jay Goodrich - Bass
Ben Groom - Keyboards
John Randall - Drums
Richard Tyler - Guitar
February 22 Mad Hatters Inverness
February 23 King Tuts Glasgow
February 24 The End Newcastle
February 26 The Rockhouse Derby
February 28 Remix Hitchin
March 1 Moles Bath
March 2 Bar Academy Birmingham
March 3 The Rugby Lounge Manchester
March 4 Jericho Tavern Oxford
March 5 Latest Music Bar Brighton
March 6 Water Rats London