Ipswich Bishop hopes to inspire youngsters with his musical talents
- Credit: Archant
The Bishop of the Diocese of St Edmundsbury and Ipswich showed youngsters his love of the Saxophone during the first day of the Suffolk Show.
There was some musical inspiration for the hundreds of visitors to the Church of England marquee - thanks to The Rt Revd Martin Seeley, Bishop of the Diocese of St Edmundsbury and Ipswich.
Saxophone playing Bishop Martin showed youngsters his love of the instrument during the first day of the Suffolk Show.
Revd Seeley said: “Families are connecting with our warm welcome and fun activities by seeing what the Church has to offer people of all ages.
“We are now seeing a real growth in Suffolk churches as we adapt our worship to offer something new too, and our marquee showcases some styles that might be a real surprise to some.
You may also want to watch:
“We are providing tasters for “messy church” service engaging with young people and a “café church” services with food and drink.
The St Edmundsbury and Ipswich Diocesan marquee is located on Flower Show Avenue from May 31 to June 1.
- 1 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 2 Documentary on former world’s fattest man Paul Mason set to air
- 3 Ipswich Flooring Superstore opening brings jobs and investment
- 4 Drink driver found slumped at wheel after partying until 7am
- 5 'Small number' of street workers in Ipswich, 15 years after Steve Wright murders
- 6 £1,600 worth of power tools stolen while owner was shopping
- 7 New movie to be shot in Suffolk in 2022, author announces
- 8 What are the Covid rates in Suffolk — and could Christmas be affected?
- 9 Border Force 'urgently responding' to incident off the Harwich coast
- 10 Where to find the cheapest petrol in Suffolk as prices hit all-time high