Ipswich Borough Council opens 44 temporary spaces at Crown Car Park
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich Borough Council has opened up nearly 55 car park spaces at Crown Car Park ahead of Christmas as development of a 540-space multi-storey continues.
On Saturday, the borough council confirmed it had opened up 44 temporary spaces to help over the run-up to Christmas where the town centre is expected to get busier.
A borough council spokesman said it would “be available in the busy festive period to help retailers and other businesses.”
The pay and display spaces are priced at £1 per hour in line with the council’s other car parks, with the £2 after 2pm weekday offer also available.
The car park is open from 8am to 11.30pm.
The existing 236-space car park closed in May to allow the seven-month multi-storey work to begin and is due to open with 540 spaces in January.
You may also want to watch:
The £5.5 million project is part of the council’s drive to replace lost parking.
- 1 Border Force 'urgently responding' to incident off the Harwich coast
- 2 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 3 'Small number' of street workers in Ipswich, 15 years after Steve Wright murders
- 4 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 5 New movie to be shot in Suffolk in 2022, author announces
- 6 What are the Covid rates in Suffolk — and could Christmas be affected?
- 7 £1,600 worth of power tools stolen while owner was shopping
- 8 Documentary on former world’s fattest man Paul Mason set to air
- 9 Ipswich Flooring Superstore opening brings jobs and investment
- 10 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast