Ipswich-bound train crashes
ONE person has been injured after a train struck an empty car on a railway crossing in Norfolk.The accident happened at around 1.15pm on the Church Road level crossing in Swainsthorpe.
ONE person was killed after a train struck a car on a railway crossing in Norfolk.
The accident happened at around 1.15pm on the Church Road level crossing in Swainsthorpe.
The train was travelling from Norwich towards Diss when it collided with the car, which was stationary and already alight killing a person inside.The car was pushed a quarter of a mile down the track and flames from it spread to the train.
There were about 15 passengers on the train when the accident happened but no-one on the train was hurt.
You may also want to watch:
An investigation into how the car came to be on the track is due to be carried out.
- 1 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 2 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 3 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 4 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Ipswich
- 5 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 6 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 7 First look inside Ipswich's new Geek Retreat games cafe
- 8 Man caused £26k worth of damage after setting fire to van and car
- 9 Well-known Felixstowe bookseller to retire and hand over to vinyl store
- 10 'It's like we're in the stone age' - Homophobic abuse halts LGBT+ parties