Ipswich: Brave little Stevie wows the judges
IPSWICH: Little Stevie Farrow has been busy celebrating after a moment of joy which his family never thought would come.
The five-year-old has a generic disorder that has left him totally blind and can also affect his heart, his muscle strength and his balance.
Doctors feared that he may never walk but Stevie, of Kitchener Road, Ipswich, found his feet in his own time and now he has gone one step further after entering a ballroom contest.
His mum, Stephanie, told The Evening Star of her pride after watching her son dance in a competition held at Rushmere Cricket and Sports Club last weekend.
“He is fantastic and an inspiration,” said Mrs Farrow.
You may also want to watch:
“To see him competing against normal kids and doing so well in competitions is amazing.
“He performed the waltz and got a trophy so he was very, very happy.
- 1 Ipswich council faces financial black hole over empty BHS store
- 2 Man dies after being struck by lorry near A12
- 3 Suffolk man waits 12 hours for ambulance after suffering stroke
- 4 Felixstowe woman accused of setting fire to caravan and drink driving
- 5 Royal Mail confirms removal of Ipswich postbox
- 6 Arrest warrants issued for men facing sheep charges
- 7 Members of 'notorious' Ipswich gang jailed for 19 years
- 8 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 9 Ipswich reports England's highest rise in Covid infection rate
- 10 Budding musician caught with drugs in buttocks is spared prison
“It went incredibly well and he came third. The whole family is just so proud of him.”
She said that during the competition none of the judges were made aware of Stevie’s disorder because she didn’t want him to get the sympathy vote.
The talented youngster has been learning to dance with Sam Button of the Ipswich School of Dance, based in Bond Street, on a one-to-one basis.
“She holds him and guides him through the movements, said Mrs Farrow.
“We are so grateful because she didn’t hesitate to teach him, even though she had to teach him in a completely new way.”
Stevie is now busy preparing for his next dance competition in March.
n Do you know someone with an amazing story to tell? Write to the Newsdesk, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN, or e-mail starnews@evening star.co.uk