Woman in hospital after fire at Ipswich house
- Credit: Archant
A woman has been taken to hospital after a house fire in an Ipswich street.
Crews from Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service were called to the home in Bristol Road, off Woodbridge Road, at 10.24am on Thursday.
Three fire engines from Princes Street and Ipswich East stations and officers from Suffolk police attended the scene.
A "stop" to the incident was called by the fire service less than an hour later at 11.22am, meaning the fire was under control.
An ambulance and an air ambulance were also called and one person has been taken to Ipswich Hospital for treatment.
Firefighters at the scene confirmed a woman was being treated.
Her condition is not known at this time.
- 1 WATCH: England fan pulled out of water at Ipswich marina
- 2 Opening date confirmed for new indoor market in Ipswich's former Peacocks
- 3 Man and woman charged in connection with the theft of 85 dogs
- 4 'Stressed' bride forced to cut guest list just over a week before wedding
- 5 'Happy-go-lucky' mum died in Ipswich days after news of second lockdown
- 6 Traffic at standstill on A12 between Ipswich and Colchester
- 7 Drug courier delivering cocaine in Ipswich is jailed
- 8 Flooding off the A14 causes emergency road closure in Ipswich
- 9 Kesgrave shooting: Teenager 'unintentionally' pulled trigger, defence says
- 10 £1.4m home with swimming pool and tennis court for sale on edge of Ipswich