Ipswich Buddhists urge under-30s to 'free your mind' on day retreat
- Credit: Archant
A Buddhist centre is to a run a day retreat for under-30s - saying it wants to "show young people that it is within their power to transform themselves".
The Ipswich Buddhist Centre event on Saturday, July 10 will include a series of talks and meditations tailored to the challenges facing the younger generation.
It says the activities will help young people deal with challenges such as mental health and relationship problems, to confusion over life purpose and how to live a more fulfilling, ethical life.
"You do not have to be a Buddhist - or want to be a Buddhist - to attend," a member of the centre in Friars Bridge Road said.
"This event is for everyone, including complete beginners with no experience of meditation.
"The skills shared on the day will be really useful to lots of young people - some practical tools that we believe every person could benefit from."
Spaces at the event, being held at Suffolk New College, are limited due to Covid restrictions.
People can book by clicking here.
- 1 Ipswich bricklayer dragged wife out of car before kicking and punching her
- 2 Kesgrave family move home to cope with 'crippling' cost of living
- 3 Bank cards stolen as five cars broken into across Ipswich this weekend
- 4 80-year-old woman was stuck in a lift for 10 hours
- 5 Matchday Recap: Two second-half goals inspire Town win
- 6 Ipswich man appears in court charged with child sex offences
- 7 Man who repeatedly hit partner jailed for 64 weeks
- 8 Ipswich man jailed for 25 years after teen left paralysed in shooting
- 9 Homeless man allegedly stabbed man who offered help
- 10 'Despicable racism' condemned after letter in post
Ipswich Buddhist Centre also regularly offers Meditation in the Park in Christchurch Park.
The next event is on Sunday, June 27.