Ipswich: Can you help identify the farmer in this photo or can you tell where it was taken?
- Credit: Archant
For more than 60 years, a framed photo of Michael Budinger has sat on show at his parents house in Ipswich - but little did they realise the secret it harboured.
Last week Harry Budinger, 86, opened the frame for the first time ever and discovered a photo hidden behind it of a farmer at work in his field.
“I am flummoxed by it,” said Mr Budinger. “We have no idea who it is or where it was taken, but being Suffolk born and bred, I know it is a Suffolk scene and they look like Suffolk Punch horses.”
The photo of Michael was taken in 1950 when he was just a year old, he is now 65.
“It was something the wife had done,” the grandfather explained. “At that time people used to come around the house and take photos.
“I don’t know who took it or where they were from.”
The photographer framed the photo for the family, and they had never had a reason to open it, until their other son Fred asked if he could borrow it and scan it onto his computer.
- 1 Weather warning for Suffolk as thunderstorms expected to affect travel
- 2 A12 reopens after air ambulance called to three-lorry crash
- 3 Men convicted of kidnap and rape of Ipswich girl
- 4 New Venezuelan restaurant to bring fusion of flavour to Ipswich
- 5 Company fined £12,000 for repeatedly failing to clear Ipswich flat's waste
- 6 Forbidden Suffolk: 6 places you can't visit in the county
- 7 Suffolk campsite named among the best in the UK by the Guardian
- 8 Community calls for action as two questioned over Ipswich stabbing
- 9 Food review: ‘The Botanist in Ipswich lives up to the hype’
- 10 Transport is patients' top priority in new medical centre plans
“When he took it to bits he found this other photo on the back, they must have used it for padding,” explained Mr Budinger.
“It would be a miracle if we could find out who it is or where it was taken.”
If you can help identify the photo, send us an email.