Ipswich: Can you help identify the farmer in this photo or can you tell where it was taken?
- Credit: Archant
For more than 60 years, a framed photo of Michael Budinger has sat on show at his parents house in Ipswich - but little did they realise the secret it harboured.
Last week Harry Budinger, 86, opened the frame for the first time ever and discovered a photo hidden behind it of a farmer at work in his field.
“I am flummoxed by it,” said Mr Budinger. “We have no idea who it is or where it was taken, but being Suffolk born and bred, I know it is a Suffolk scene and they look like Suffolk Punch horses.”
The photo of Michael was taken in 1950 when he was just a year old, he is now 65.
“It was something the wife had done,” the grandfather explained. “At that time people used to come around the house and take photos.
You may also want to watch:
“I don’t know who took it or where they were from.”
The photographer framed the photo for the family, and they had never had a reason to open it, until their other son Fred asked if he could borrow it and scan it onto his computer.
- 1 Man pulled into car before being beaten and robbed in Ipswich
- 2 Farmfoods set to move in as Aldi confirms closure of store on Ipswich estate
- 3 Man and woman arrested after Ipswich stabbing
- 4 Police want to trace man in connection with Waterfront sexual assault
- 5 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 6 Pair who hid murderer are among trio jailed for running drug syndicate
- 7 Is a new tenant lined up to move into Ancient House in Ipswich?
- 8 70-year-old woman arrested in connection with human trafficking offences
- 9 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 10 Could Ipswich Debenhams become hub for health and leisure?
“When he took it to bits he found this other photo on the back, they must have used it for padding,” explained Mr Budinger.
“It would be a miracle if we could find out who it is or where it was taken.”
If you can help identify the photo, send us an email.