Cannabis factory worth £100,000 found in Ipswich raid
- Credit: Archant
More than 250 cannabis plants were found during a raid on a property in Ipswich.
Officers discovered the growing operation on Tuesday, May 19, when they executed a warrant at an address in Severn Road in the town.
Once inside they found about 260 cannabis plants – estimated to be worth around £100,000 – along with hydroponics equipment and electrical paraphernalia.
Islam Xhebxhia, 22, of no fixed address, was arrested on suspicion of the production of cannabis and taken to Martlesham Police Investigation Centre for questioning.
Xhebxhia was later charged for the offence of production of cannabis.
You may also want to watch:
He was remanded and is due to appear before Ipswich Magistrates’ Court today, May 20.
- 1 Ipswich pharmacy first to offer Covid vaccinations
- 2 ‘A matter of life or death’: Nurse scared to work on ward in 'basic mask'
- 3 CCTV appeal after £400 of distraction thefts targeting elderly
- 4 Ipswich schoolgirl, aged 14, missing
- 5 'Dedicated' volunteer police officer dies after having Covid-19
- 6 Floods as river bursts its banks at beauty spot
- 7 Ipswich child rapist gets 21 years for 'despicable' crimes
- 8 Infection rates continue to tumble across Suffolk and Essex
- 9 Latest 'R rate' shows coronavirus still spreading in region
- 10 Supermarket chain set to recruit thousands more staff