Heavy traffic builds after collision partially blocks Ipswich road
- Credit: Archant
A car lost its front bumper after a crash in Ipswich town centre during today’s rush hour.
Police were called to the scene shortly after 8am this morning following reports of a crash on the Grey Friars roundabout opposite the Novotel in the town.
No-one was injured in the collision although an ambulance was called to the scene as a precaution.
A silver Ford Fiesta appears to have sustained substantial damage in the collision. Its front bumper was completely ripped off and a headlight dislodged.
A silver Peugeot CC 206 was also involved in the crash.
You may also want to watch:
Suffolk Constabulary were able to get the cars off the road and round to the nearby Golden Dragon Chinese restaurant to alleviate traffic that had built up both ways in Franciscan Way and Wolsey Street.
- 1 Police want to trace man in connection with Waterfront sexual assault
- 2 Farmfoods set to move in as Aldi confirms closure of store on Ipswich estate
- 3 Man and woman arrested after Ipswich stabbing
- 4 70-year-old woman arrested in connection with human trafficking offences
- 5 Pair who hid murderer are among trio jailed for running drug syndicate
- 6 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 7 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 8 Life sentence for Hartshorne-Jones who shot wife dead at home
- 9 Man pulled into car before being beaten and robbed in Ipswich
- 10 Could Ipswich Debenhams become hub for health and leisure?