Ipswich: Car-mad trio ready for charity rally
A TRIO of car enthusiasts are seeking support as they prepare to set off on an incredible adventure for charity.
Christopher Adams, 26, Edgar Miller, 27 and Steven Spencer, 24, all from Ipswich, will be taking part in the Screwball Rally, starting on September 27.
The group, calling themselves the Mad Hatters, are raising money for United Response, a charity supporting people with learning disabilities, mental health needs and physical disabilities.
Christopher said: “We’re all massive car enthusiasts.
“Steven works for United Response. It’s something we’ve really always wanted to do and if we can help a charity too that’s great.
You may also want to watch:
“The reason we’re doing this is to raise money for a summer house. It’s something they need but there’s never any money for that sort of thing.”
The rally starts from Dover and runs through France, Italy, Switzerland, Lichtenstein and back through France over the course of five days. Cars taking part cannot be worth more than �750 and each team must raise at least �250 to take part.
- 1 Ipswich council faces financial black hole over empty BHS store
- 2 Man dies after being struck by lorry near A12
- 3 Suffolk man waits 12 hours for ambulance after suffering stroke
- 4 Felixstowe woman accused of setting fire to caravan and drink driving
- 5 Royal Mail confirms removal of Ipswich postbox
- 6 Arrest warrants issued for men facing sheep charges
- 7 Members of 'notorious' Ipswich gang jailed for 19 years
- 8 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 9 Ipswich reports England's highest rise in Covid infection rate
- 10 Budding musician caught with drugs in buttocks is spared prison
“A problem we have is insuring the vehicle we have,” Christopher said. “It’s a Volvo V70 T5. The insurance is holding us back from our venture at the moment and we would like to reach out to local businesses for support.”
To support the ralliers, go to www.charitygiving.co.uk/stevenspencer