Council working to fix technical difficulties with car park machines
- Credit: Ipswich Borough Council
Ipswich Borough Council is currently working to fix technical difficulties with the pay and display machines at some of its car parks.
The problems mean the council's machines are not currently accepting card payments. The council has called for motorists to use other payment methods including cash or mobile payment service MiPermit.
A spokesman for Ipswich Borough Council said it was not yet clear which car parks are being affected by the technical difficulties, but an investigation into the issue was underway.
"The issue is being worked on now to get it working again as soon as possible," the council spokesman added.
"All the other payment methods are still available and it is affecting some of our car parks.
You may also want to watch:
"We appreciate your patience while we investigate the issue and apologise for any inconvenience."
Ipswich Borough Council operates long and short stay car parks throughout the town centre.
- 1 Police find cannabis growing by the side of A14
- 2 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 3 Church brings a new Hope to former Ipswich Odeon cinema
- 4 'Outstanding' former Ipswich teachers leave £2million to charities in will
- 5 Diesel trains from Ipswich to get fuel delivered by road
- 6 The 72 postcode areas where Covid infection rates are rising
- 7 New River Church opens its doors on Ipswich Waterfront
- 8 Revealed: Waterfront flats to be wrapped in 'breathable' material while cladding replaced
- 9 Church ripe for homes conversion is under offer
- 10 Ipswich student sets sights on UFC after binge-watching Rocky films