Ipswich: Chance to win prizes after a summer of fun with the Olympics and Jubilee
Weather-wise it might not have been the best summer in history, but 2012 has certainly been a year to remember for Britain.
And now the Ipswich Star has linked up with Ipswich council and the Super Blues to give you the chance to share your memories of a magnificent summer for the nation.
We’ve already enjoyed the Diamond Jubilee, Ip-art and the Olympic Torch Relay.
The Olympics are now under way and the Maritime Festival, the Paralympics and the Tour of Britain start at the Waterfront are coming up. It seems that the party is going on all summer long!
Organiser Ipswich council is being supported by the Star to encourage people to take part in a special competition.
We want you to capture the essence of this summer of celebration on an A3 piece of paper – it can be a painting, a collage, a photograph, or some creative writing.
There are categories for children, students and adults and two separate themes – the Olympics and Paralympics or Ipswich Events.
- 1 Mercedes and Vauxhall flip over after crash in busy Ipswich road
- 2 Suffolk M&S stores to stay open as Colchester shop closes down
- 3 Teenage boys arrested after police seize suspected class A drugs in Ipswich
- 4 Is this tearoom near Ipswich one of Suffolk’s best-kept secrets?
- 5 Man caught in undercover police sting trying to meet '13-year-old girl'
- 6 Ipswich drug dealer found with 30 bags of cocaine jailed
- 7 Two cars have windows smashed in same Ipswich residential street
- 8 Calls to crush and seize cars to tackle ongoing anti-social behaviour
- 9 24-year-old man banned from driving for three years
- 10 New landlords take over award-winning pub and brewery in Suffolk village
There are some great prizes up for grabs – sporting icards, Ipswich Town tickets and a chance to go to a show at the Regent Theatre. The winning entries will also be put on display around the town and published in the Star.
Borough leader David Ellesmere said: “This is a big, big summer for Ipswich – there has been so much going on and still so much to come.
“We want to mark this historic year with a competition to encourage residents to share their ideas.
“I hope budding artists, writers and photographers will join in – after all, Ipswich is a very creative place and this is something that will help us remember a sizzling summer whatever the weather.”
n Tell us what events you are most looking forward to. Write to Your Letters, Ipswich Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN or e-mail email@example.com