Ipswich: Changing rooms at Ransomes sports club closed after dangerous electrics found
Changing rooms at Ransomes sports club on Sidegate Avenue have been closed after an inspection found that their electrical supply was unsafe.
The borough took over the management of the club at the start of this month after reaching an agreement with the former management committee – however they warned at the time that the clubhouse was not in a good condition.
Officials are to bring in temporary changing rooms which should be in place before Christmas – in the mean time teams are being offered alternative changing facilities. The site will remain available for matches.
Borough leisure spokeswoman Bryony Rudkin said: “We now know the extent of the problems with the building and can take immediate action.
“Safety remains our top priority but I want to repeat our determination to improve the site and widen its attraction for a number of sports “
You may also want to watch:
Ransomes football chairman Alan McDougall said: “This is disappointing news but the issues with the building have to be addressed and the safety of the club’s users has to be paramount.
“We are committed to working with the Council to secure the future of the Sports & Social Club and its facilities as the home of the football club.”
- 1 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 2 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Ipswich
- 3 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 4 How Ipswich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 5 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 6 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 7 Trial set for man who robbed mum of her handbag
- 8 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
- 9 Holly holding onto new hope in eating disorder recovery process
- 10 Ipswich parents can 'survive not thrive' on £15 half-term food vouchers