Ipswich: Changing rooms at Ransomes sports club closed after dangerous electrics found
Changing rooms at Ransomes sports club on Sidegate Avenue have been closed after an inspection found that their electrical supply was unsafe.
The borough took over the management of the club at the start of this month after reaching an agreement with the former management committee – however they warned at the time that the clubhouse was not in a good condition.
Officials are to bring in temporary changing rooms which should be in place before Christmas – in the mean time teams are being offered alternative changing facilities. The site will remain available for matches.
Borough leisure spokeswoman Bryony Rudkin said: “We now know the extent of the problems with the building and can take immediate action.
“Safety remains our top priority but I want to repeat our determination to improve the site and widen its attraction for a number of sports “
Ransomes football chairman Alan McDougall said: “This is disappointing news but the issues with the building have to be addressed and the safety of the club’s users has to be paramount.
“We are committed to working with the Council to secure the future of the Sports & Social Club and its facilities as the home of the football club.”
- 1 9 Ipswich restaurants we wish had never closed
- 2 Ipswich primary school closed for 'maintenance investigations'
- 3 Ipswich man jailed for three years for attempted robbery
- 4 Police seek driver who failed to stop at scene of crash
- 5 New Ipswich council houses and microhomes win awards
- 6 10 pictures of Ipswich pub's light switch-on
- 7 Ipswich Travelodge developer celebrates £7.4m bank backing
- 8 Major milestone marked as Ipswich Hospital south entrance reopens
- 9 'Mum had the last Christmas she deserved' - Ipswich hospice helps families
- 10 Dedicated daughter steps up after tragic death of 'amazing' mum Heidi