Moped mugger robs teenager of phone in Ipswich street
- Credit: GOOGLE MAPS
A moped rider posing as a lost teenager has stolen another teenager’s phone on Ipswich’s Chantry estate.
The robbery happened around 5pm Saturday, October 17, when the victim was walking with his friend in Hawthorn Drive.
The moped driver stopped in front of the pair and asked for directions, before making threats and taking the victim’s phone.
It is believed he fled away in the direction of Birkfield Drive.
The suspect has been described as a white teenager, around 16 or 17 years of age, with curly ginger hair. He is said to have been around 5ft 9in tall and was riding a green and white moped.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information, or who witnessed the incident, is asked to call Suffolk police on 101, quoting reference 37/60426/20.
Alternatively, Crimestoppers can be contacted anonymously on 0800 555111 or via their website.
- 1 Tim Hortons restaurant in Ipswich given green light
- 2 Man left with three broken ribs after assault by group of men in Ipswich town centre
- 3 Ipswich man wanted for theft and fraud offences
- 4 Boss blames furlough scheme for hiring woes
- 5 'Very traumatic' – Catalytic converter thieves threaten family
- 6 Woman thought partner was going to kill her during row, court hears
- 7 Ipswich man admits downloading indecent images of children
- 8 Ipswich has lowest Covid-19 rate in England, new figures show
- 9 Injured cyclist 'stable' in hospital after Ipswich road collision
- 10 Ipswich newsagents has licence revoked over sales of super-strength lager