Ipswich charity looking for new volunteers as need for service grows
- Credit: Helen Taylor
An Ipswich charity is looking for new volunteers to help families after referrals for its services increased.
Family First is a local Christian charity who support families by matching them with a trained volunteer who can listen and support them but they work will all families regardless of religion or culture.
Although 2020 was tough the charity is hoping to take more volunteers on board to help as the number of referrals for its services has increased.
Service lead, Sarah Stapleton said “I’ve been amazed at how well our volunteers have adapted to the new and difficult circumstances they have faced.
"As we continue to receive increasing referrals for support we need to continue to recruit more volunteers and have had to look at different ways to do this.”
You may also want to watch:
If you are interested in finding out more about the role or what support Family First can give contact Sarah.Stapleton@familyfirst-uk.org.
- 1 Parents 'distraught' after teenage boy is violently assaulted in Chantry
- 2 Car catches fire outside Morrisons store in Ipswich
- 3 Man Tasered by police while armed with knife is jailed
- 4 Video captures car engulfed by inferno of flames in Morrisons car park
- 5 Touching tributes paid to 'kind-hearted' Ipswich council worker of 25 years
- 6 Serial 'dine and dash' conman who fled hotels without paying is jailed
- 7 Driver taken to hospital after BMW ploughs into tree
- 8 Could a change in bus services help keep passengers moving post-Covid?
- 9 Council investigating 'frustrating' Ipswich hum bothering residents
- 10 Plans to convert pub into takeaway refused