Could you run the London Marathon for this Ipswich charity?
- Credit: Somerville Foundation
An Ipswich-based charity is looking for someone to take on the challenge of running this year's Virgin Money London Marathon.
The Somerville Foundation is seeking a runner to take on the marathon which is on Sunday, October 3, 2021.
This is the first ever time the charity, which has been supporting congenital heart patients since 1993, has secured a place in the iconic race and is asking for a registration fee of £120 to secure the guaranteed spot.
Sarah Keeble, publications coordinator for the Somerville Foundation, said: "We are extremely fortunate to have secured our first ever charity place, now we need a special runner to take on this world-famous race and help raise money for young people and adults born with a heart condition.
"The Somerville Foundation will provide you with support leading up to the event with fundraising tips, social media coverage, training resources and more."
You may also want to watch:
The charity helps young people and adults born with a heart condition, they do this by providing a community, networks and relationships between specialist centres, medical professionals, and each other.
The foundation also provides financial support and advice for all their members.
- 1 'Outstanding' former Ipswich teachers leave £2million to charities in will
- 2 Police release CCTV after wallet stolen from Aldi store in Ipswich
- 3 Woman's bank cards used minutes after being stolen in supermarket car park
- 4 Aldi looking for new site in north east Ipswich
- 5 Police find cannabis growing by the side of A14
- 6 Covid rules reintroduced at Ipswich school after cases surge
- 7 Church brings a new Hope to former Ipswich Odeon cinema
- 8 'I want to train as HGV driver but there are so many delays'
- 9 Town sign 6ft 5ins striker as Nsiala, Jackson and Barry all start for U23s
- 10 New Starbucks coffee shop planned for Ipswich town centre
Anyone who is interested in taking on the race must be aged over 18 and complete all 26.2 miles of the marathon.
To have a chance at securing this coveted London Marathon place, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Sarah Keeble on 01473 252007.
Applications are being accepted now and all runners must be registered by Friday, July 16, 2021, so get in touch sooner rather than later.