Ipswich: Charity shop goes all out for Christmas with extra special window display
- Credit: Archant
Age UK Suffolk has gone all out for its Christmas window display this year.
Volunteers at the Carr Street premises have been preparing for the display since summer, setting aside Christmas-themed donations to stock the window.
Everything in the display, including the furniture, fireplace and snowman, has been made with donations, according to deputy manager of the store Graham Barker.
“It was good last year but I think this year is the best,” he said.
“We did it to bring Christmas spirit to the town and some awareness about our charity.
“A lot of shops do displays which are full of things for sale, which we do in the main shop, but this one was just for fun.
“It’s purely for decoration and Christmas cheer as well as trying to revive this end of Carr Street and trying to cheer people up as they’re shopping.”
Have you seen a festive display to rival that of Age UK Suffolk’s? Share your photos at www.iwitness24.co.uk
- 1 Apology for Ipswich pub landlords after 'insensitive LGBT+ comments'
- 2 ‘I thought I was going to die’ - Woman feels let down after spiking
- 3 Gucci items hidden in Asda stores across the country
- 4 'A lovely green space' - race against time to buy mini-Ipswich woodland
- 5 'My life is hard enough' - Suffolk disabled dad struggles to repair home
- 6 More than 200 homes in Ipswich without electricity after power cut
- 7 Man acted as lookout while accomplice robbed Ipswich store
- 8 9 Ipswich restaurants we wish had never closed
- 9 'Quirky and memorable' name for new café and visitor centre revealed
- 10 Further case of Omicron Covid variant detected in East Anglia