Meet the Christmas fanatics
- Credit: Suzanne Day
Have you heard about the man from Ipswich who gets ready for Christmas on October 1? Or the woman that brings a smile to people’s faces with her festive creations year-round?
December is seen as the conventional time for decorating your Christmas tree and donning your favourite Christmas jumper but some Christmas fanatics in Ipswich have been taking their love of all things festive to the next level.
Nicholas Pearkes from the Ravenswood area of Ipswich starts getting ready for Christmas on October 1.
He said: “I worked for six years in a large garden centre in Cornwall. It had a huge Christmas department.
“We would start pricing the items up from July and the Christmas department always opened on October 1. “I have such fond memories of working there that many years later I decided to put my tree up on that date too.”
But he doesn’t stop there, Nicholas also starts dressing as an elf from October onwards.
Someone else in Ipswich spreading the Christmas cheer is Louise Jamie, who works at Baylham Care Centre.
- 1 Emergency services attend Felixstowe bungalow fire
- 2 School's 'greatest ever sporting achievement' could take them to Wembley
- 3 33-year-old found safe after police search
- 4 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 5 Plasterer who stalked ex-girlfriend is handed restraining order
- 6 New 'grab and go' vegan café on Ipswich Waterfront set to open in spring
- 7 'He's a s**t house' - Stanley chairman slams Town skipper Morsy
- 8 Do you recognise these old Tolly Cobbold pubs?
- 9 Hank's Deli closes its doors but remembers food bank
- 10 Town to gather to remember flood victims 69 years on
Louise spends hours of her time making creative and magical Christmas decorations for her home and place of work.
She told us: “I usually put our decorations up at the end of November but I started making the chimney early so I had everything up on November 15.”
Louise says she loves making her Christmas creations and she does so because she wants to make sure her son gets the experience of a magical Christmas.
Are you a Christmas fanatic? Share snaps of your beautifully decorated house, or you wearing your favourite Christmas jumper.