Ipswich Cineworld to formally reopen after major refurbishment
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich’s Cineworld on Cardinal Park is to formally reopen after a major upgrade on Wednesday after months of work that has transformed the building.
It has remained open during the redevelopment which has seen the construction of a new screen on the first floor where the coffee bar used to be.
Starbucks opened a new coffee shop in the foyer last week – which includes an area for people to sit outside – and also unveiled the new-look foyer.
New seats have been installed in most of the screens at the cinema.
The investment in the building that opened in 1998 came as Empire opened its new cinema in the Buttermarket centre as part of the redevelopment of that building.
You may also want to watch:
That almost doubled the number of cinema screens available for film fans in Ipswich – but the number of people attending cinemas nationally has been increasing over recent years and the companies are confident the demand is there for both venues to thrive.
- 1 Updated: Bury Road reopened after two car collision near BMW garage
- 2 Members of 'notorious' Ipswich gang jailed for 19 years
- 3 Three fire engines called to Ipswich flat fire
- 4 Tributes paid to inspirational Ipswich teenager Harrison Boyd, 13
- 5 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 6 Semi-pro footballer ready to kickstart Football Fun Factory in Ipswich
- 7 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 8 New details emerge about diesel spill which closed A14 for 12 hours
- 9 Man jailed after safe stolen from Spread Eagle pub
- 10 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk