Ipswich Cineworld to lower ticket prices this week – find out how much here
- Credit: Archant
Ticket prices are being dropped at Cineworld in Ipswich later this week – just six months after Empire opened a cinema at the revamped Buttermarket shopping centre.
In the latest sign of competition between Ipswich’s two largest cinemas, from Friday, adult ticket prices at the Cardinal Park venue will start at £8.20, and children prices will start at £5.70.
They are being lowered from a general price of £10.20 and £7.70 respectively.
Meanwhile, the Unlimited Card will be priced at £17.90.
General manager Chris Clarkson said one of the main reasons behind the ticket price reductions is to show off the 11-screen cinema’s recent multi-million pound refurbishment.
You may also want to watch:
The cinema, which originally opened as Virgin Cinema in 1998, officially relaunched in July with a new foyer, a new retail stand designed to make buying tickets and refreshments easier, a bigger Starbucks, and new seats in most of the screens.
Construction work started in March, just weeks before the 14-screen Empire opened at the Buttermarket.
- 1 Tributes paid to Ipswich's 'best-loved shopkeeper' Hajara 'Sid' Singh
- 2 Body discovered in Thetford Forest Park
- 3 Critical care full and nearly 700 patients fighting Covid in hospital
- 4 Closure of Debenhams stores in Suffolk and north Essex confirmed
- 5 Police on scene of 'ongoing incident' in Ipswich cul-de-sac
- 6 Kesgrave woman writes book on incredible journey from suicide attempt to ultra marathon
- 7 WATCH: Therese Coffey 'walks out' of Piers Morgan interview on GMB
- 8 Ipswich Town 'disappointed' at newspaper stance - Evans stands by Lambert
- 9 Severe delays on A14 following collision between lorry and car
- 10 Covid infection rate in Ipswich continues to fall below England average
Mr Clarkson said: “The cinema has been the home of film in Ipswich for almost 20 years, and it’s now got a great new look that we want show off.
“That’s why we are lowering our prices for film fans from September 15.
“Whether you are bringing the whole family, it’s date night, or you are just coming out with your mates to watch the latest blockbuster, you’ll find the best screens and the best customer experience at Cineworld Ipswich.”
The news comes after Empire opened in the Buttermarket on March 31 this year.
Luxury seating includes sofas. Both companies are said to believe there is enough demand in the town for both to thrive, amid growing numbers of cinema-goers nationwide.