Ipswich Community Radio gets ready for broadcasting marathon today to raise money for the station
- Credit: Gregg Brown
There will be no place to hide for Darren Parsons today when he takes to the airwaves for a marathon radio broadcast.
The station manager at Ipswich Community Radio will be raising money for the organisation by hosting a show for at least 24 hours – and possibly longer – from noon.
Mr Parsons, aka DJ Crank, said: “We are taking donations of £5 and for every donation we receive an hour will be added to my studio time.
“The marathon broadcast is quite simply in aid of paying bills. ICR is in the middle of a transitional period, moving from a limited company to becoming a Community Interest Company.
“This is going to take some time to complete and we need to secure some quick funds to pay our next quarter bills.
“I chose a radio marathon because it’s cheap and easy to do. We’re normally broadcasting during those hours anyway so the marathon show won’t actually cost us anything to produce as with every hour I spend in the studio ICR is actually earning money.”
Although he will be the only one on air during the broadcast Mr Parsons will be supported by other staff and volunteers at the station.
- 1 Devastated family wrongly told prisoner hanged himself weeks before release
- 2 Emergency services attend Felixstowe bungalow fire
- 3 'He's a s**t house' - Stanley chairman slams Town skipper Morsy
- 4 Norwood set to stay... despite seven clubs showing interest
- 5 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 6 School's 'greatest ever sporting achievement' could take them to Wembley
- 7 5 places to spot celebrities in Suffolk
- 8 33-year-old found safe after police search
- 9 How Covid restrictions will change in England this week
- 10 'Ludicrous' - Stanley boss on 'big turning point' in Town loss
ICR has been broadcasting since 1989 and is based in Turret Lane.
You can donate online at www.icrfm.co.uk and listen to the broadcast on 105.7fm.