Watch: Ipswich fountains bring early Easter fun for children on the Cornhill
- Credit: Rachel Edge
The new fountains on Ipswich Cornhill were switched on for the summer on Monday to mark the start of the Easter School holidays.
And the weather seemed to know that the children’s holidays had started by shining on the town centre as families came out to see the fun and even relax on the deckchairs that had been put on in the town centre.
The fountains are the centrepiece of the refurbishment of the Cornhill that was unveiled last November.
However they were turned off during the winter – but are now back in operation bringing a real touch of fun to the heart of the town.
Children were darting in and out of the water on a fine day while parents and grandparents were left with the puzzle of how to get them dry again before heading home.
The fountains will remain on for most of the spring, summer and into the early autumn.
- 1 Take a look inside 15th Century farmhouse near Ipswich up for sale
- 2 Missing 13-year-old boy from Hadleigh found safe
- 3 BrewDog, The Botanist and other reasons to be positive about Ipswich town centre
- 4 Jailed in Suffolk: The county's criminals locked up in the last week
- 5 Tattingstone 'suitcase murder': 'Never too late' say police on 55th anniversary
- 6 Look inside stunning £950k home close to Christchurch Park in Ipswich
- 7 Ipswich MP Tom Hunt speaks of 'disgust' at Downing Street parties
- 8 Two Magpies Bakery set to open in Woodbridge after rapid revamp of store
- 9 Empty Ipswich office block could become new flats
- 10 5 roadworks in Suffolk for motorists to avoid this week