Work starts to improve seats on Ipswich Cornhill
- Credit: Archant
The seats on the new Cornhill are being stained to make them stand out more and therefore ensure they are safer for walkers in the area.
And the new stain is also a glossy graffiti-proof finish in a bid to ensure they are not stained by vandals.
A spokesman for the council said: "This work is part of the safety scheme we were advised to complete on the Cornhill and they should all be finished by the end of the week.
"The Cornhill should be open as usual at the weekend for the events that are planned there."
He said the opportunity was being taken to make them less at risk from graffiti: "As we were staining them as part of the safety work, it made sense for them to also be made easy to clean if anything does happen."
You may also want to watch:
The Cornhill hosts the launch of the Ipswich Jazz Festival on June 21 and should be a focal point for the launch of Elmer's Big Parade around the town this weekend.
- 1 Members of 'notorious' Ipswich gang jailed for 19 years
- 2 Updated: Bury Road reopened after two car collision near BMW garage
- 3 Ipswich council faces financial black hole over empty BHS store
- 4 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 5 Man dies after being struck by lorry near A12
- 6 Semi-pro footballer ready to kickstart Football Fun Factory in Ipswich
- 7 Driver presses ahead with police complaint despite losing speeding trial
- 8 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 9 Ipswich train services cancelled due to signalling system fault
- 10 Royal Mail confirms removal of Ipswich postbox