Ipswich park events cancelled due to bad weather
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Rain has led Ipswich council to cancel events in Holywells Park and St Augustine’s recreation ground this morning.
Holywells Park was due to host a vehicle-themed day of family fun at 12pm but a spokesman for Ipswich Borough Council announced it would not go ahead after the wet weather this morning.
An army reserves event at St Augustine’s recreation ground for children to enjoy science experiments, inflatables and a climbing wall has also been deemed unable to go ahead.
The council spokesman added: “We know people have been looking forward to these events but we have been monitoring the weather and regretfully have had to cancel them – we cannot take risks with people’s safety.
“However, we are hoping the sun will shine on Friday for the big end of summer free Family Fun Day in Chantry Park.”
You may also want to watch:
All the parks in Ipswich remain open for visitors today.
The council spokesman directed families and children looking for summer activities this week to the Ipswich Fit website, with boxing, Zumba and a dance class teaching kids the moves from The Greatest Showman.
- 1 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 2 Border Force 'urgently responding' to incident off the Harwich coast
- 3 'Small number' of street workers in Ipswich, 15 years after Steve Wright murders
- 4 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 5 New movie to be shot in Suffolk in 2022, author announces
- 6 What are the Covid rates in Suffolk — and could Christmas be affected?
- 7 £1,600 worth of power tools stolen while owner was shopping
- 8 Documentary on former world’s fattest man Paul Mason set to air
- 9 Ipswich Flooring Superstore opening brings jobs and investment
- 10 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast