How can you get involved in the Great British September Clean campaign?
- Credit: IPSWICH LABOUR PARTY
Ipswich councillors have been out litter-picking in the town to help launch the Great British September Clean campaign.
Labour borough councillors from the south west area Phil Smart, Peter Gardiner, Bryony Rudkin, Colin Smart, Tracy Grant and Jenny Smith collected litter in the Chantry area.
They did their litter pick around the Hawthorn Drive shops and car park.
Volunteers, local authorities, charities and businesses were originally geared up to take part in the Great British Spring Clean from March to April, but the drive was postponed due to coronavirus lockdown.
So it is now an autumn clean instead, running from September 11-27.
You may also want to watch:
Keep Britain Tidy is asking people to help make a difference to their local area, by pledging to pick up litter as individuals or in groups of up to six.
For more details, visit the Keep Britain Tidy website.
- 1 Parents 'distraught' after teenage boy is violently assaulted in Chantry
- 2 Car catches fire outside Morrisons store in Ipswich
- 3 Man Tasered by police while armed with knife is jailed
- 4 Video captures car engulfed by inferno of flames in Morrisons car park
- 5 Touching tributes paid to 'kind-hearted' Ipswich council worker of 25 years
- 6 Serial 'dine and dash' conman who fled hotels without paying is jailed
- 7 Driver taken to hospital after BMW ploughs into tree
- 8 Council investigating 'frustrating' Ipswich hum bothering residents
- 9 Could a change in bus services help keep passengers moving post-Covid?
- 10 Plans to convert pub into takeaway refused