Ipswich: Dance event supports Lifesaver Appeal
AN annual charity show will support the region’s air ambulance after organisers were inspired by an Ipswich Star campaign.
Take My Hand 2012 will be held in aid of the East Anglian Air Ambulance, in support of The Star’s Lifesaver Appeal.
Last year’s event, organised by husband and wife Kevin and Kyla Bloomfield, raised more than �1,000 for Brake, the road safety campaign group.
This year, Take My Hand, which will be held in Chamberlin Hall, Bildeston, will feature performances from several talented and up-and-coming acts, as well as a bar and a raffle.
Performers will include upbeat professional eight-piece group Turntable, operetta and musical theatre performer Il Tenore, Simply Audacious – a dance group formed by ex-students from Suffolk College and young Felixstowe singer/songwriter Emma Peake.
You may also want to watch:
Talented dancers from the Stacey Pepper Dance Academy will also be performing – with the youngest performer just seven years old.
The Stacey Pepper dancers are all trained in classical ballet, modern theatre dance, tap dancing, street jazz and drama and range in age from two up to adult level.
- 1 Man pulled into car before being beaten and robbed in Ipswich
- 2 Farmfoods set to move in as Aldi confirms closure of store on Ipswich estate
- 3 Police want to trace man in connection with Waterfront sexual assault
- 4 Man and woman arrested after Ipswich stabbing
- 5 Pair who hid murderer are among trio jailed for running drug syndicate
- 6 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 7 Is a new tenant lined up to move into Ancient House in Ipswich?
- 8 70-year-old woman arrested in connection with human trafficking offences
- 9 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 10 Could Ipswich Debenhams become hub for health and leisure?
The school has been involved in recent years with Mardi Gras Productions which have given students the chance to perform at West End venues.
Mr Bloomfield said: “There are over 20 children who have given up several hours every week over the last few months to rehearse for the show.”
Tickets for the show, which will be held on Saturday, November 17, at 7.30pm, cost �8.50 each and are available by calling Kevin on 07764 151186 or e-mailing email@example.com
All proceeds will go to the East Anglian Air Ambulance.
For more details, find the event on Facebook.