Ipswich: David Beckham visit sparks rush for fans to see football hero at Ipswich Town academy ground
- Credit: Archant
David Beckham visited Ipswich on Sunday to watch his sons play youth football at Ipswich Town’s training centre – before he caused a stir at Mexican restaurant Chiquito near Ransomes Europark.
The retired footballer was snapped at Ipswich Town’s Playford Road academy ground during matches in which it is believed his sons were playing for Arsenal.
Onlookers took photos and chatted to the former Manchester United and Real Madrid midfielder.
Luke Rutter was at the game and was pictured with the star and his son. He tweeted: “Can’t believe I met one of my footballing heroes today, was more excited than my son #DavidBeckham #hero #fatherson.”
After the game he headed to a Mexican restaurant in east Ipswich.
You may also want to watch:
Ashley Eales was in the eatery when he asked for a photo. He tweeted: “Me and David Beckham #totalgent.”
Department store, Coes of Ipswich, tweeted: “Can’t believe David Beckham’s in town. We told him we’re closed on Sundays & Mondays. Perhaps we’ll see him on Tuesday instead!?”
Did you see David Beckham in Ipswich? Tweet the EADT via @EADT24 or the Ipswich Star via @IpswichStar24. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Updated: Bury Road reopened after two car collision near BMW garage
- 2 Members of 'notorious' Ipswich gang jailed for 19 years
- 3 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 4 Semi-pro footballer ready to kickstart Football Fun Factory in Ipswich
- 5 Three fire engines called to Ipswich flat fire
- 6 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 7 New details emerge about diesel spill which closed A14 for 12 hours
- 8 Tributes paid to inspirational Ipswich teenager Harrison Boyd, 13
- 9 Ipswich woman's drug dealing confiscation hearing adjourned
- 10 Ipswich council faces financial black hole over empty BHS store