Ipswich double stabbing was ‘targeted attack’ say detectives
Police are treating a double stabbing in Ipswich as a ‘targeted attack’, as investigations continue.
Officers arrested two 16-year-old boys following Monday’s incident at an address in Waterford Road, where an 18-year-old man was stabbed in the leg and a 64-year-old man was stabbed in the torso following an altercation outside.
Police were called just after 12.15pm to reports that three males carrying knives had been at the address.
A 16-year-old boy, from Ipswich, arrested on suspicion of assault causing grievous bodily harm, has been released under investigation. Another 16-year-old boy, also from Ipswich, is still being questioned under suspicion of the same crime.
Both victims were taken to hospital for treatment, but have now been discharged.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information about this incident is asked to contact South CID on 101 quoting reference 69047/17.
- 1 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 2 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 3 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 4 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Ipswich
- 5 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 6 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 7 First look inside Ipswich's new Geek Retreat games cafe
- 8 Man caused £26k worth of damage after setting fire to van and car
- 9 Well-known Felixstowe bookseller to retire and hand over to vinyl store
- 10 'It's like we're in the stone age' - Homophobic abuse halts LGBT+ parties