Ipswich drink-driver caught after parking in police HQ car park
- Credit: Archant
A 23-year-old was caught drink-driving after parking her car at Martlesham police headquarters, a court heard.
Naomi Denton, of Lindbergh Road, Ipswich, admitted driving with excess alcohol in Portal Avenue when she appeared before South East Suffolk Magistrates’ Court.
Prosecutor Colette Harper said the incident occurred at 12.15am on November 7.
Officers heard shouting coming from in front of the police investigation centre.
Denton was shouting and kicking a VW Golf in the main car park while appearing to be speaking on a mobile phone in an angry and aggressive manner.
She threw the phone into the car, before dragging one of the occupants out and a fight ensued.
Denton was arrested and a breath test showed she had 52 microgrammes of alcohol in 100 millilitres of breath. The legal limit is 35mcgs.
- 1 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 2 Woman who claimed council tax support had income of £100k per year
- 3 ‘I’ve got no life’ - Ipswich woman's agony as she waits for operation
- 4 Star Suffolk breakfast blogger reveals her favourite food around Ipswich
- 5 Drug dealer found with cannabis, 133 tablets and cash jailed
- 6 Open day for Ipswich pub on sale for £300,000
- 7 Push for 4 day work week in Suffolk after company's profits soar 200%
- 8 Man with learning difficulties will not go to prison for sex offence
- 9 Lorry overturned on roundabout closes A14 near Felixstowe
- 10 Ladies night event in Kesgrave with strippers sold-out in five days
The three other people with her were taken home.
Denton, representing herself, apologised to the court for her behaviour.
However, she added she walked away when the altercation began.
Magistrates disqualified Denton from driving for 12 months. She must also pay a total of £395 in charges and a fine.