Ipswich drive by shooting claim
AN IPSWICH man who claims he was the victim of a drive-by shooting has today spoken of his fear and shock at the incident.Thomas Billman was walking along Stoke Park Drive on Friday night when the alleged shooting took place.
AN IPSWICH man who claims he was the victim of a drive-by shooting has today spoken of his fear and shock at the incident.
Thomas Billman was walking along Stoke Park Drive on Friday night when the alleged shooting took place.
While walking into town with five friends, the 21-year-old claims a car drove alongside him and shots were fired.
Thomas and friends, Darren Goodwin, 21; Bradley Beaumont, 16; and brothers Danny Scannell, 22, Carl Scannell, 19, and Bobby Scannell, 18 all escaped uninjured.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Billman said: "We were about to pick up a friend when the car came past.
"We crossed over and it came back, it drove past and four or five shots were fired – I saw sparks coming out of the gun."
- 1 Bin lorry driver ran over colleague's leg in Kesgrave
- 2 Community 'very shocked' by stabbing in Ipswich
- 3 Sought-after Felixstowe beach hut sells for £88K
- 4 Drug dealer seen bragging in YouTube rap videos
- 5 Woman 'alarmed and distressed' after verbal abuse in Ipswich
- 6 Work to start on new Ipswich town centre retirement homes
- 7 Man to be sentenced over 'dine and dash' spree
- 8 Burglary at O2 store in Ipswich town centre
- 9 Town co-owner Bakay on future of Portman Road name
- 10 Pair in court following suspected stolen dogs raid at West Meadows
The gunmen is said to have swerved uncontrollably and fired shots at random but he missed the group and no one was hurt.
"He didn't hit anyone – the driver couldn't control the car and I think he damaged it.
"If the driver could aim who knows what would have happened."
It is unclear what kind of gun was used in the alleged incident or whether live ammunition was fired but Mr Billman says his friends were frightened by what happened.
He added: "Bradley is only young and was practically in tears.
"It was really scary - we all ran away except for Darren who just stood there in shock.
"We called the police and two of us went to the police station and gave statements.
"We have been shocked for a few days and we are just getting over it – we are all really worried that they will come back in another car."
A spokeswoman for Ipswich police confirmed that a 21-year-old man and a 22-year-old man both from Ipswich have been arrested in connection with the incident and released on police bail.