Ipswich: Drug suspect arrested over death of Christopher Cracknell
- Credit: Archant
A SUSPECTED drug dealer has been arrested after a man died in Ipswich.
Although police have not formally named the 33-year-old who died suddenly at an address in Cromwell Square on Tuesday his is understood to have been Christopher Cracknell.
Mr Cracknell lived in flat in Kenyon Street.
A post mortem has still to establish the cause of death, although originally it was suspected a possible overdose may have been the cause.
The post mortem is likely to take place sometime over the next few days at Guy’s Hospital in London.
The coroner has been informed of Mr Cracknell’s death, but no date has been set as yet for any inquest.
Police have confirmed a 36-year-old man from Woodbridge was arrested following the tragedy.
- 1 Man 'punched and slashed' in serious assault in car park at Ipswich B&M
- 2 Ipswich firm admits mis-selling foam loft insulation to Suffolk customers
- 3 Ellie uses 4 tonne truck to make impressive entrance at school prom
- 4 'Fantastic opportunity' as Ipswich's Thomas Wolsey pub listed for sale
- 5 New restaurant could be coming to the Waterfront, but theatre plans dropped
- 6 Road closed after crash leaves pedestrian injured and vehicle in ditch
- 7 DVLA issues urgent warning to drivers in UK
- 8 23-year-old Felixstowe woman pleads guilty to assault
- 9 5 award-winning restaurants in and around Ipswich you need to visit
- 10 Burger van owner's anger after thieves steal food from trailer in Ipswich
He was being interviewed by police yesterday after being taken into custody at Suffolk Constabulary’s headquarters.
Lisa Miller, a spokeswoman for Suffolk Police said: “A man has been arrested in connection with the sudden death of a man at an address in Cromwell Square, Ipswich, yesterday, Tuesday, February 19.
“Police were called by the ambulance service at approximately 2pm after they had received a report of a man collapsed at the property.
“The man who was aged in his 30s was sadly pronounced dead at the scene.
“The 36-year-old man from the Woodbridge area has been arrested on suspicion of supplying a class A drug.
“The man is currently being held in custody at the Martlesham Police Investigation Centre.
“A post mortem examination is due to take place on the deceased man at a date still to be confirmed to establish the cause of death.
“As is standard procedure the man’s death is being treated as unexplained at this time.”
The ambulance service was alerted at 1.40pm after Mr Cracknell was found to have collapsed.
Initial reports suggested the it was suspected a possible overdose may have been involved.
Shortly after the tragedy a spokesman for the ambulance service said: “We were called to reports of a man in his 30s who had collapsed at an address in Cromwell Square.
“We sent a rapid response car, an ambulance and the air ambulance to the scene.
“When paramedics arrived at the address the man was in cardiac arrest.”