Ipswich: Ed Sheeran to play secret gig in Ipswich on Bank Holiday Monday – but where?
- Credit: PA
Ed Sheeran is to perform a secret gig in Ipswich on Bank Holiday Monday – with speculation mounting over where in the town he will play.
Around 50 tickets to see the Suffolk singer perform an acoustic set at a secret location in Ipswich sold out within a minute, according to reports.
Doors open at 10am with the gig getting under way at 11am, but further details have not been released.
According to reports, even people who have bought a ticket do not know where the gig is being held. It it thought they will be informed on Monday morning.
The performance forms part of the 23-year-old’s promotion of his new album ‘x’ or ‘multiply’, set for release on June 23.
On Monday, Sheeran also performs in London and Dublin.
A statement on See Tickets’ website said: “To gain entry to the venue, the lead name on the order must have photo ID. If you are booking two tickets you MUST arrive together.
- 1 Woman jailed for having sex with Ipswich schoolboy
- 2 Group of youths seen carrying weapons in Ipswich park
- 3 Road closure 'chaos' for residents during fibre works
- 4 Man who sexually assaulted toddler in the street could be jailed
- 5 Double-decker bus bought on eBay becomes new home for evicted Suffolk family
- 6 Police launch appeal to identify man after incident in Ipswich
- 7 Ice cream kiosk at Suffolk beauty spot destroyed in arson
- 8 First look at 172-bed student accommodation plan
- 9 Education 'exemplary' at Outstanding Ipswich academy
- 10 Animal sex charges against Kesgrave vet dropped, but child images admitted
“Please don’t attempt to sell your ‘ticket’ on the secondary market or it will be cancelled and you will be refused entry.
“Please note that for safety reasons the standing area may be sub-divided and the front area will be allocated on a first come first served basis.”