Ipswich: Energy bosses back Press Ball
AS preparations for this year’s prime evening of glitz and glamour continue, excitement is also building for our team of sponsors and supporters.
This year’s spectacular Press Ball, which will raise money for the Cystic Fibrosis Trust and the East Anglian Air Ambulance, is set to take place at Trinity Park on Friday, June 15.
Tickets to the glittering night, sponsored by Call Connection, UK Power Networks, Heart FM, and Deben Transport, are selling quickly, with just a few left.
Today, Matt Rudling, director of customer services at UK Power Networks, told The Ipswich Star, which is currently running the I Love Ipswich campaign to celebrate all that is good about our town, why the company supported the annual ball.
He said: “UK Power Networks is involved with every community across Suffolk by providing the means to supply their electricity.
“Supporting the Press Ball, which has done such a fantastic job over the years raising funds for good causes, is an extra way that we can give something back to the communities where our staff and customers live and work.”
UK Power Networks owns, maintains and improves 88,000 kilometres of overhead lines and underground cables in the East of England.
- 1 Look inside stunning £950k home close to Christchurch Park in Ipswich
- 2 Lorry overturned on roundabout closes A14 near Felixstowe
- 3 Road closed while fire crews tackle Martlesham blaze
- 4 Woman who claimed council tax support had income of £100k per year
- 5 Ladies night event in Kesgrave with strippers sold-out in five days
- 6 A14 reopens after 'serious' crash involving three lorries
- 7 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 8 ‘I’ve got no life’ - Ipswich woman's agony as she waits for operation
- 9 Did you know these 10 pubs were open in Ipswich?
- 10 Motorist angry over £100 'fine' at Ipswich car park
Mr Rudling added: “Our engineers go out in all weathers and at all times to fix any fault as quickly as safely possible and their work is often not appreciated.”
To get your hands on some of the last remaining Press Ball tickets call 07922 280380.
If you are unfortunate enough to have a power cut call UK Power Networks on 0800 7838838.