Ipswich: Family prepare to say last goodbyes at funeral of dad who died in his sleep
ipswich: An inquest into the death of a man found dead in bed has been opened – as friends and family prepare to say their final goodbyes.
Dominic Cole was found dead at Uncle Tom’s Cabin in Vernon Street, Ipswich, at about 12.20pm on Saturday, March 12.
The 28-year-old’s body has been taken back to Manchester, where his family live, ahead of his funeral next Thursday.
His long-term partner, and the mother of his four-year-old son Jamie, Danielle Lee, said she is planning to hold a memorial service in Colchester for friends to pay their respects.
“It is still so hard. I am taking each day as it comes,” she said.
“I am going up for the funeral next week, but I want his friends down here to be able to come and pay their respects. I miss him so much. I have to take each day as it comes.”
The inquest into Mr Cole’s death was opened and adjourned on March 24. A date for the full inquest has yet to be set.
- 1 10 Suffolk celebrities and where they went to school
- 2 Adventure Golf attraction set to make way for new homes
- 3 Search for new Post Office in east Ipswich
- 4 Cocaine dealers involved in 'Bash' drugs line in Suffolk are jailed
- 5 Felixstowe man who trashed his ex's home ordered to pay compensation
- 6 Teen taken to hospital with serious injuries after Ipswich crash
- 7 Teen fractured taxi driver's skull in 'shocking display of violence'
- 8 'Real vote of confidence' - New Travelodge starts building work by stadium
- 9 Revealed: The Indian restaurants in Ipswich with five-star hygiene ratings
- 10 Five forgotten Ipswich music venues and what they are now
Ms Lee said if anyone would like to find out when the memorial service will be, they should message her on Facebook.
n Pay your tributes. Call the newsdesk on 01473 324788.