Ipswich: Family’s heartbreak over theft of puppy
ipswich: A family has been left distraught after its much-loved pet pooch was stolen from the garden.
Fourteen-week-old Arthur, a bull terrier-type breed, was taken while he was playing in the garden at his family home in Hilton Road.
Owner Sedonia Dragotta, 36, said: “He was there one minute and gone the next.
“Both our dogs, Bella and Arthur, were playing in the garden at the time.
“Bella started barking and growling but by the time we got outside Arthur had been taken.”
Miss Dragotta and her four children – Ben, 14, Patrick, 11, Freddy, six, and four-year-old Sebastian – have had the rescue puppy since he was three weeks old.
She said: “The children are really missing him and are upset.
- 1 'I slept at the store' - Teen queues for 14 hours as Tim Hortons opens
- 2 Man with foot fetish jailed for sexually assaulting women
- 3 CCTV appeal after cash stolen from ATM dispensing tray at Ipswich store
- 4 Dog rescued from flat fire
- 5 Van driver in his 20s dies in Elmswell crash
- 6 Man dies following single vehicle crash near Ipswich
- 7 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 8 'Vile violation of trust' - son hits out after carer stole £1,700 from mum
- 9 A14 closed overnight as lorry overturns in multi-vehicle pile up
- 10 Politicians make Ipswich a third division town
“Every time a dog barks they run outside saying ‘it’s Arthur, it’s Arthur’ but it’s not.
“My oldest son keeps going out to look for him but we’re just not having any luck.”
Miss Dragotta added: “Arthur spends all his time with Bella because they took to each other so well and he must be really scared now he’s on his own.
“I’m really worried about him and hope he’s not being mistreated. I just can’t bring myself to fear the worst.”
The puppy was stolen between 9pm on November 8 and 7am on November 9.
Anyone with information should call Pc Lisa Root from Ipswich South East Safer Neighbourhood Team on 101.
n Do you know the puppy or its owners? Call newsdesk on 01473 324790 or e-mail email@example.com