Ipswich family to feature on Channel 4 show
- Credit: Norbert NyanBedvu
An Ipswich family will be appearing on Channel 4's Love it or List It show when it airs next week as part of Black to Front, a day of TV fronted by Black talent.
TV presenter Scarlette Douglas and her brother, Stuart Douglas will be helping Norbert and Shammie Nyandebvu from Ipswich decide decide whether to renovate or sell their property for a new one.
The couple have lived in Ipswich for the past eight years with their two children, Naomi and Tyrell, and Norbert's mum, Lucia.
They bought the house initially as they believed it had huge potential and have already renovated the garage into a bedroom for Mr Nyandebvu's mum.
Mr Nyandebvu loves the house and thinks it can become their dream home with a few changes. However, Mrs Nyandebvu is convinced they have outgrown the property and longs for a detached house in a village location with an open-plan kitchen and more importantly, a second bathroom.
You may also want to watch:
The show will see Miss Douglas join forces with Mrs Nyandebvu for team 'List It', whilst Mr Douglas teams up with Mr Nyandebvu on team 'Love It'.
Convinced he’s got the win in the bag, Mr Douglas gets to work on showing the couple that by knocking down a few walls and transforming their house into a stylish space, it will help create a home for everyone to enjoy.
- 1 The Walk in Ipswich town centre cordoned off by police
- 2 62-year-old arrested following incident in Ipswich town centre
- 3 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 4 'I'm very lucky' – Ipswich biker-chef lost arm and hand in A14 crash
- 5 'Devious' Ipswich doctor jailed for sending fake texts to flatmate
- 6 Ipswich's Covid infection rate now the highest in England
- 7 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 8 Ipswich Town fan banned from Portman Road for racially abusing player
- 9 250 Ipswich patients fined after failing to pay for their prescriptions
- 10 Trucker ran eBay scam selling straps used for securing heavy loads
Meanwhile, Miss Douglas has several fantastic properties lined up to persuade them it’s time to sell up and put their house on the market.
Miss Douglas said: “I am extremely proud and excited to be a part of C4’s Black to Front day of programming. It’s such an important day and to be a part of the legacy it will hopefully leave is a privilege."
Viewers are able to watch the show on Channel 4 on Friday, September 10 at 8pm.