Ipswich fan hunted by police
IPSWICH supporter Ryan Upson and his dad, Gary, are being hunted by police today after they, and £500,000 of their customers' money, disappeared.Until the end of May this year, the pair ran a business building and converting horse boxes.
IPSWICH supporter Ryan Upson and his dad, Gary, are being hunted by police today after they, and £500,000 of their customers' money, disappeared.
Until the end of May this year, the pair ran a business building and converting horse boxes.
However fraud squad detectives are now trying to track down the father and son team after receiving 40 complaints from people who have given them deposits for work, but have received nothing in return.
The Upsons, who had been based in Darlington, were previously in business in Tiptree until the early 1990s, where Gary Upson ran Omega Horseboxes.
You may also want to watch:
They eventually moved to the north-east and set up a similar company working from a unit at an industrial estate.
Ryan, 34, and Gary, 67, have not been seen since May 31 this year, according to detective constable Tim Lerner, the man leading the hunt for them.
- 1 'An absolute honour' –Ipswich woman crowned Miss Universe Great Britain
- 2 Man pulled into car before being beaten and robbed in Ipswich
- 3 Ipswich market moves as work starts on Botanist restaurant
- 4 Is a new tenant lined up to move into Ancient House in Ipswich?
- 5 Giant inflatable obstacle course coming to an Ipswich park
- 6 'Don't wait' - People urged to get coronavirus booster
- 7 Major delays on A12 after five vehicle crash
- 8 Father and son admit keeping banned weapons at Woodbridge home
- 9 Additional measures including face masks to be reintroduced to Suffolk schools
- 10 'I miss him to bits' – Ipswich fundraiser for Alton Water teen deaths
Over the past few months their description has been circulated to police forces throughout Great Britain, but there has been no sighting of them reported to detectives.
On Monday this week Dc Lerner went on the BBC 1 consumer programme, Watchdog, in a bid to trace them. It is feared they may now have fled abroad.
Dc Lerner, who is with the Durham fraud squad, said he was keen for people in Suffolk to contact him if they knew where to find the Upsons.
He said: "If anyone has any information as to the whereabouts of Gary and Ryan Upson, they should telephone me on 0191 375 2261."