WATCH: Macauley Bonne's surprise for 13-year-old Maddy
- Credit: Ipswich Town Football Club
A teenage Ipswich Town fan was surprised by her favourite footballer after a medical emergency saw her treasured Blues shirt cut up.
Maddy, a 13-year-old with cerebral palsy, was rushed to hospital last month when pressure began building on her brain.
But in order to operate and save her life, medics had to cut the Ipswich Town shirt she was wearing.
Now recovering from two successful operations, Maddy was invited to Portman Road - where she has a season ticket in the Sir Alf Ramsey stand - to receive a new shirt from her favourite player, Macauley Bonne.
Not only did the striker present her with two shirts, with one signed by the team, he also said he'd send a big smile in her direction when he next scores at home - hopefully on Saturday's game against Shrewsbury.
Dan Palfrey, public relations manager at Ipswich Town Football Club, said: "Macauley's surprise visit to Maddy was extremely heart-warming.
"After what Maddy and her family had been through the last couple of weeks, it was the least we could do to reach out and put a smile on her face.
- 1 Ipswich Station closed as man arrested for possessing a firearm
- 2 The possible candidates as Ipswich Town search for new boss
- 3 Paul Cook sacked by Ipswich Town
- 4 Former BBC DJ to go live with new station
- 5 Harsh or fair? Here's what Town fans are saying about Paul Cook sacking
- 6 Two people reported rough sleeping every day in Ipswich last month
- 7 'Would get Town promoted this season' - Ambrose reveals his choice for new boss
- 8 Ipswich Town set to announce caretaker manager
- 9 70 Kesgrave houses switch on for Festive Light Trail
- 10 Things you should know before visiting Spoon World Buffet and Bar
"We were delighted that they all had a memorable time."