Ipswich/Felixstowe: Snow continues to fall in towns with cold night expected
MORE sleet and snow is falling across Ipswich and Felixstowe this morning and is expected to continue until about lunch time.
More showers and snow are expected to hit the ground later today as well, with temperatures in the area expected to be about 2-3C.
There could be more showers tonight as well, which could cause dangerous driving condition for motorists tonight and tomorrow morning.
Jim Bacon, a forecaster at Weatherquest, said: “Tonight there is a chance fo further patchy rain or sleet at times.
“Temperatures will be near to freezing which could easily mean some icy driving conditions overnight.”
You may also want to watch:
There is not expected to be any snow tomorrow with a bright and dry day being forecast – but temperatures are still not expected to exceed 3-4C.
- 1 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 2 Border Force 'urgently responding' to incident off the Harwich coast
- 3 'Small number' of street workers in Ipswich, 15 years after Steve Wright murders
- 4 What are the Covid rates in Suffolk — and could Christmas be affected?
- 5 New movie to be shot in Suffolk in 2022, author announces
- 6 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 7 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast
- 8 Christmas light DJ to open new Ipswich bar
- 9 Cardinal Practice 'access issues' to be discussed at key NHS meeting
- 10 £1,600 worth of power tools stolen while owner was shopping