New Ipswich festival cancelled due to uncertainty over Covid-19
- Credit: Pop up Pictures
The Ipswich Open Air Film and Street Food Festival due to take place this weekend has been postponed due to the uncertainty over Covid-19.
The festival was supposed to take place in Christchurch Park between Friday, August 13, and Sunday, August 15.
Organisers of the event Pop Up Pictures posted a statement on their website which said: "Sadly Pop Up Pictures have taken the difficult decision to postpone the Open Air Film & Street Food Festival in August due to the uncertainty over Covid-19.
"We look forward to welcoming the event back to Christchurch Park next year."
The event was due to feature 14 films screened over four days taking in everything from family favourites to spine-tingling horror flicks set against the backdrop of Christchurch Mansion.
The event, a collaboration between outdoor screening specialists Pop Up Pictures and Ipswich Borough Council, is now due to take place next year but an official date has not yet been released.
- 1 New store opens in California fulfilling owner's dream
- 2 Thousands of cigarettes seized after HMRC officers raid Ipswich stores
- 3 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 4 Gambling addict stole £25k from elderly woman she befriended
- 5 Pensioner who was racially abusive has jail sentence cut
- 6 Ipswich man charged with string of motoring offences
- 7 Online shoppers head to Ipswich for big brands like Primark
- 8 Could American fast food chain Wendy's open a Suffolk restaurant next year?
- 9 County lines dealer jailed for six years for drug offences in Ipswich
- 10 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week