Ipswich: Finalists shine at first rehearsal for Ipswich Has Got Talent
- Credit: Su Anderson
With just two more rehearsals until the big day, Ipswich is proving it has plenty of talent.
The first rehearsal for the 15 Ipswich Has Got Talent finalists took place at the Corn Exchange and saw the hopefuls perform their acts, as well as the final number.
There is a wide variety of performances for this year’s theme “Back to Its Roots”, with the winner in each of the three categories – dance, variety and song – awarded £100, and the overall winner receiving £500.
Project leader Mike Grimwood, from Ipswich Borough Council, said: “Everybody is on board and I think this year is going to be the best.
“Everyone is committed, and it’s surprising how they gel as a team as well for the final number.
You may also want to watch:
“This year they all seem to be of a similar level, and it’s a high level.
“It really is going to be the best show yet.
- 1 Members of 'notorious' Ipswich gang jailed for 19 years
- 2 Ipswich council faces financial black hole over empty BHS store
- 3 Updated: Bury Road reopened after two car collision near BMW garage
- 4 Man dies after being struck by lorry near A12
- 5 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 6 Semi-pro footballer ready to kickstart Football Fun Factory in Ipswich
- 7 Driver presses ahead with police complaint despite losing speeding trial
- 8 Royal Mail confirms removal of Ipswich postbox
- 9 Felixstowe woman accused of setting fire to caravan and drink driving
- 10 Ipswich train services cancelled due to signalling system fault
“Every year the quality always goes up and this year it really is the best.
“The event is three weeks away, and there’s one more major rehearsal before the dress rehearsal. You can see they’ve been practising. They want to go for it.”
The event, which is supported by the Ipswich Star, starts at 7.30pm at the Regent theatre on Saturday, September 27.
Tickets cost £13 for adults, £9 for children and £36 for families (includes booking fee). There is also a special offer available – if you buy 10, you get one free.
Tickets are already selling fast, so to book yours call the Regent box office on 01473 433100 or alternatively visit www.ipswichregent.com.