Ipswich: Finalists shine at first rehearsal for Ipswich Has Got Talent
- Credit: Su Anderson
With just two more rehearsals until the big day, Ipswich is proving it has plenty of talent.
The first rehearsal for the 15 Ipswich Has Got Talent finalists took place at the Corn Exchange and saw the hopefuls perform their acts, as well as the final number.
There is a wide variety of performances for this year’s theme “Back to Its Roots”, with the winner in each of the three categories – dance, variety and song – awarded £100, and the overall winner receiving £500.
Project leader Mike Grimwood, from Ipswich Borough Council, said: “Everybody is on board and I think this year is going to be the best.
“Everyone is committed, and it’s surprising how they gel as a team as well for the final number.
“This year they all seem to be of a similar level, and it’s a high level.
“It really is going to be the best show yet.
- 1 Mercedes and Vauxhall flip over after crash in busy Ipswich road
- 2 Suffolk M&S stores to stay open as Colchester shop closes down
- 3 Long delays on A14 near Ipswich after police called to hole in the road
- 4 Calls to crush and seize cars to tackle ongoing anti-social behaviour
- 5 Ipswich drug dealer found with 30 bags of cocaine jailed
- 6 Teenage boys arrested after police seize suspected class A drugs in Ipswich
- 7 24-year-old man banned from driving for three years
- 8 Is this tearoom near Ipswich one of Suffolk’s best-kept secrets?
- 9 Man caught in undercover police sting trying to meet '13-year-old girl'
- 10 Two cars have windows smashed in same Ipswich residential street
“Every year the quality always goes up and this year it really is the best.
“The event is three weeks away, and there’s one more major rehearsal before the dress rehearsal. You can see they’ve been practising. They want to go for it.”
The event, which is supported by the Ipswich Star, starts at 7.30pm at the Regent theatre on Saturday, September 27.
Tickets cost £13 for adults, £9 for children and £36 for families (includes booking fee). There is also a special offer available – if you buy 10, you get one free.
Tickets are already selling fast, so to book yours call the Regent box office on 01473 433100 or alternatively visit www.ipswichregent.com.