Ipswich: Fire at block of flats
Firefighters were last night at the scene of a fire at a block of flats in Ipswich.
Firecrews were called to the block of flats in London Road after smoke was seen coming from the four storey building at just before 10.30pm.
On arrival firecrews from the Princes Street fire station, Ipswich, found a fire in a kitchen in a ground floor flat which they brought under control by 11pm.
Last night, fire crews were still on the scene as they began an investigation into the cause of the blaze.
A spokeswoman for Suffolk police said the flat where the fire broke out was unoccupied and no one had been hurt in the blaze.
You may also want to watch:
The spokeswoman said police were at the scene to assist the fire service with traffic control outside the building and the investigation into the cause of the blaze.
- 1 Updated: Bury Road reopened after two car collision near BMW garage
- 2 Members of 'notorious' Ipswich gang jailed for 19 years
- 3 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 4 Semi-pro footballer ready to kickstart Football Fun Factory in Ipswich
- 5 Three fire engines called to Ipswich flat fire
- 6 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 7 New details emerge about diesel spill which closed A14 for 12 hours
- 8 Tributes paid to inspirational Ipswich teenager Harrison Boyd, 13
- 9 Ipswich council faces financial black hole over empty BHS store
- 10 Ipswich woman's drug dealing confiscation hearing adjourned