Ipswich fitness instructor tackles obstacle course on Ninja Warrior UK
An Ipswich fitness instructor has taken a break from training others to put her own ninja-like strength to the test.
Kat Parnell, of Sidegate Lane, is set to appear on the small screen next month, six-pack and all, tackling the fearsome obstacle course of Ninja Warrior UK.
The 24-year-old was one of 250 contenders who were picked for an audition at Reebok CrossFit Thames in London last year out of 5,000 applicants.
“When I got there, there were lots of people showing you around and everyone else there were like machines, I felt very inadequate,” she said.
“I thought I would just enjoy the day because I had no chance – that relaxed me a bit.”
Miss Parnell, who works at Northgate and Gainsborough sports centres, impressed the executive team with her steely determination and was invited to take on the three punishing and potentially hilarious stages on camera.
“From there on it was just training, my training completely changed, if I wasn’t sleeping or working then I was working out,” she said.
“Any pole I saw I would hang from it, balance on things, jump off things – it was nice to have a different style of training. I’m used to doing marathons and weight-lifting.”On March 31, the fitness fanatic made her way to Manchester Central Arena with her family, who were equipped with t-shirts and banners, to film her effort in front of hosts Ben Shephard, Chris Kamara and Rochelle Humes.
- 1 Most desirable places to live in Ipswich according to estate agents
- 2 Ipswich man charged with string of sexual offences
- 3 Could you offer one of these rescue animals their forever home in Suffolk?
- 4 Missing 12-year-old girl from Ipswich found safe
- 5 Regent expansion project takes step forward as plans urged for approval
- 6 7 roadworks Suffolk drivers should be aware of this week
- 7 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals locked up so far in 2022
- 8 Ipswich singer to perform UK festival tour after scoring club hit
- 9 Popular Ipswich motorcycle show to return for 30th year
- 10 Ipswich Music Day 2022: All you need to know
“I will always remember it as an experience like no other,” she said. “To even be there was such a buzz, it’s one of those memories that you wish would last forever.”
Miss Parnell cannot reveal if she managed to conquer the course but it will be aired on ITV on May 9.