Ipswich: Free wi-fi to be offered on park and ride service as Ipswich Buses take over service
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich’s park and ride has been relaunched after a new bus company took over the running of the service.
Passengers will now be onboard vehicles run by Ipswich Buses who will also have access to free wi-fi as they travel.
Park and ride tickets will be valid on other services run by the company in the town.
Malcolm Robson, managing director of Ipswich Buses said: “We are delighted to be operating park and ride services once again and have really enjoyed working with our partners at Suffolk County Council to deliver a high quality bid with customer service and quality bus service provision at its heart.
“We will have a dedicated manager to purely look after our customers and the park and ride team so we know that we can continuously develop and improve the service to local people and visitors to our town.”
You may also want to watch:
It was also revealed that current ticket prices will either be matched or reduced.
Graham Newman, Suffolk County Council’s cabinet member for roads and transport said: “We are confident that the improvements made by Ipswich Buses will help develop the service further while retaining the features of the current service which users most value.”
- 1 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 2 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 3 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 4 Man accused of Ipswich stabbing refuses to leave cell to enter plea
- 5 Well-known Felixstowe bookseller to retire and hand over to vinyl store
- 6 Major Ipswich road partially blocked after crash involving Audi and Mercedes
- 7 'It's like we're in the stone age' - Homophobic abuse halts LGBT+ parties
- 8 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 9 First look inside Ipswich's new Geek Retreat games cafe
- 10 Specialist engineers working to fix Ipswich flooding hotspot