Ipswich: Fundraising campaign set to transform experience of cancer patients at Ipswich Hospital
ipswich: A campaign to raise vital funding for the town’s oncology ward is set to transform the experience of patients undergoing chemotherapy.
Campaigners are aiming to raise �800,000 to transform the cramped conditions on Ipswich Hospital’s Woolverstone Wing into a place of privacy and tranquility.
Currently, space is so tight that only a limited number of visitors can come into the ward while friends or family are having treatment.
Cheryl Thayer, chair of the Woolverstone Wish Fund, told The Evening Star that the money raised would see patients benefitting from greater space – whether it be through an extension, a new building or a revamped version of the current setting.
“Space is a real problem for us,” she said. “There isn’t any issue with the quality of the care in the oncology ward – it is amazing.
“But the whole aim of the fund is to increase space and give our patients privacy and allow their dignity to remain in tact.
“Expansion of any kind will mean that we can actually let our patients have visitors, as this is quite difficult at the moment. Any space possible is being used as treatment areas.”
- 1 Long delays on A14 near Ipswich after police called to hole in the road
- 2 Mercedes and Vauxhall flip over after crash in busy Ipswich road
- 3 Ipswich residents' frustration over parking chaos
- 4 Suffolk's top 10 fish and chip shops as voted by our readers - now pick a winner
- 5 Warehousing units take shape at Ipswich as demand rockets
- 6 Girl, 15, followed by man while walking dog in village near Ipswich
- 7 Tributes to Ipswich's 'Mr Buses'
- 8 'Severe' delays on A12 outside Ipswich after crash closes road
- 9 Calls to crush and seize cars to tackle ongoing anti-social behaviour
- 10 7 of the best Chinese restaurants with delivery in Ipswich
n To find out how you can support the Woolverstone Wish, visit www.woolverstonewish.org.uk
n Have you been treated in the Woolverstone Wing? To tell us your experiences, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org