Ipswich GBH suspect bailed after man hurt in Star Lane
- Credit: Archant
A 41-year-old man arrested on suspicion of grievous bodily harm after a man suffered a serious head injury in Ipswich has been released on bail
Tim Cracknell confirmed that after being questioned at Martlesham police investigation centre the suspect was released earlier today, pending further enquiries.
He must return to the investigation centre on January 4.
Officers were called to reports of an assault just after 6.30pm yesterday in Star Lane.
They found a man, believed to be in his 20s, lying on the ground when they arrived.
He had sustained a head injury.
The man was taken to Ipswich Hospital by ambulance, but subsequently discharged after treatment.
- 1 Emergency services attend Felixstowe bungalow fire
- 2 School's 'greatest ever sporting achievement' could take them to Wembley
- 3 33-year-old found safe after police search
- 4 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 5 Plasterer who stalked ex-girlfriend is handed restraining order
- 6 New 'grab and go' vegan café on Ipswich Waterfront set to open in spring
- 7 'He's a s**t house' - Stanley chairman slams Town skipper Morsy
- 8 Do you recognise these old Tolly Cobbold pubs?
- 9 Hank's Deli closes its doors but remembers food bank
- 10 Town to gather to remember flood victims 69 years on
Officers closed one lane of Star Lane and a portion of Fore Street while the investigation began. The road was re-opened at around 8pm.
Anyone with information about the incident should contact Suffolk police on 101.