Ipswich: Glamorous Press Ball is finally here
IPSWICH: The wait is finally over!
Tonight, more than 300 generous people are set to unite in the name of charity.
The 16th annual Ipswich and Suffolk Press Ball is promised to be bigger and better than ever before.
Organisers today revealed that they hoped to smash previous fundraising targets.
The night will be crammed full of glitz and glamour – but the evening is all about raising thousands of pounds for charity.
The lavish event has become one of the most prestigious on Suffolk’s calendar.
Since it was founded, the event has continued to develop and more money has been secured for deserving causes each year.
- 1 Mapped: Where parasite dangerous to dogs has been reported in Suffolk
- 2 Swimming pool at primary school open again after two years
- 3 Plans for flats in former Ipswich pub progress
- 4 Baby porpoise washes up at Suffolk beach
- 5 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 6 Lane on A14 reopens after severe delays on Orwell Bridge
- 7 7 walks in Suffolk with a stunning view
- 8 Road closed as emergency services attend two-vehicle crash
- 9 Caribbean trailer to open soon in town centre
- 10 Matchday Live: Needham Market v Ipswich Town team news and updates
Sponsored by Heart FM, Call Connection, Deben Transport and UK Power Networks, the Press Ball will boast two exclusive auctions, one of which will run throughout the night.
Crowds will also be entertained by the Legendary Old Brown Growlers and R&B star Lemar.
This year’s spectacular will take place at Trinity Park for the first time and will feature an extravagant three-course menu made up of local produce.
Nigel Pickover, editor of the Ipswich Star, said: “The Press Ball is finally here and it is set to be the biggest one yet.
“It will be such an exciting night and we are aiming to raise at least �20,000 for the East Anglian Air Ambulance, the Cystic Fibrosis Trust and Lord Deben’s charities.
“We want to raise enough money to smash the air ambulance fundraising target and raise even more for our other treasured charities.
“Everyday we see the benefit of the air ambulance and it is so important we all get behind this appeal.”
n Are you raising money for a good cause? Write to Your Letters, Ipswich Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN, or e-mail email@example.com