Changing room locker thief ordered to repay gym users
- Credit: ARCHANT
A 20-year-old man has been convicted of a string of theft offences after he stole bank cards, cash and clothing from changing room lockers at an Ipswich gym.
Fabio Sousa was ordered to carry out 80 hours of unpaid work and pay £454.79 in compensation by magistrates last week.
Sousa, of Gymnasium Street, was charged with three counts of fraud by false representation and five counts of theft by finding after entering the changing rooms of an Ipswich gym on multiple occasions to steal items from lockers between February 5 and 11.
Three stolen bank cards were then used to fraudulently purchase goods worth a total of almost £45.
Officers carried out an investigation and arrested a man on February 15.
You may also want to watch:
He was taken to Martlesham Heath police investigation centre for questioning and released under investigation before being charged with the offences.
- 1 Woman seriously injured in accident on major Ipswich road
- 2 Tim Hortons restaurant in Ipswich given green light
- 3 Lorry 'not seen' by crane operator in container crush, port say
- 4 Curve Bar nights out and special events - are you in these photos?
- 5 Construction work begins on TV set ahead of Amazon series filming
- 6 Police concerned for missing man from Kesgrave
- 7 Kesgrave shooting trial enters final stages
- 8 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 9 'Hammer seen' in robbery by group of males at Felixstowe Skatepark
- 10 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Portsmouth 'fend off' Blues to agree Stockley deal